Codes of Conduct
|If you are coming to the show in costume that involves a weapon of any kind, you MUST read and understand our Peace Bonding policy.
Sac-Con would appreciate all attendees to treat each other in a respectable and positive manner.
We would like everyone to have a great time so please use common sense and be courteous when interacting with other guests, attendees, vendors, and staff.
If you run into a situation that requires the assistance of Con Security, please take the matter to them immediately.
In order to provide a safe, secure, and pleasant family environment, these activities are not allowed during any Sac-Con Event:
Engaging in disruptive and unsafe behavior that disturbs or endangers the vendors, attendees or staff
Physical or verbal harassment of the vendors, attendees, or staff;
Any act which could result in substantial risk or harm to people or property;
Sexual misconduct, such as indecent exposure, offensive touching, or sexual harassment;
Engaging in any activity prohibited by law;
Any literature distribution without prior permission of the Sac Convention Chairman.
All individuals whose actions violate these rules will be asked to stop such actions.
Sac-Con reserves the right to require anyone violating these rules of conduct to leave the event. Sac-Con may withdraw permission for a person or persons to re-enter the event if that person continues to violate these rules.
Any violation of the rules of conduct which involve activities prohibited by law will result in notification of the proper authorities.
We ask that all media and photographers please follow a few rules:
• Please ask our convention attendees for their permission before taking their photograph. If they say no, please do not take a photo of them anyway.
• Please ask parent, guardian, or chaperone for permission to take a minor’s photo and let them know where the photo will be located. If they say no, please don’t be rude or pushy.
|WEAPONS, PROPS & PEACE BONDING
The purpose of Sac-Con’s weapon and prop policy is to work in conjunction with Federal, State and Local laws along with the policies of all space occupied by Sac-Con. This will establish the carrying and use of all prop weapons, costume pieces, or actual weapons such as katanas, stars, and Kendo sticks.A weapon is anything that looks like or resembles it is dangerous to anyone from 25 feet away and under any conditions. Weapons must be in plain view and can not be concealed (* see peace bonding.) It can be considered a weapon in such circumstances as
1. A police officer could think it is a weapon 20 feet away in the dark.
2. If one could conclude that there is a reasonable chance the item may cause physical harm, could be used to cause physical harm, or make a person believe they may come to harm.
3. If it could be used in a menacing manner, could be used to menace, or make a person believe they may come to harm.
(b) PEACE BONDING:
We do not allow concealed weapons. Your cos-play weapon may be zip-tied into the holster or sheath and may not be removed during the convention. All props and weapons must be recertified if they were peace bonded at a different convention or at a previous Sac-Con.
Sac-Con’s peace bonding station is there to ensure safety for all attendees in regards to the use of all weapons and/or props. Though we are not enforcing all the rules other conventions have, we have rules and guidelines for you to better understand our policy:
PEACE BONDING GUIDELINES AND POLICY
1) The effectiveness, or ineffectiveness, of the item or the skill, or lack of skill, of the person in possession of the item is irrelevant when determining whether or not it is a weapon.
2) All weapons & props must be approved at the peace bonding table upon entering the convention.
3) If you purchase a weapon or prop such as: swords, knives, stars, air soft guns, plastic pellet guns, gun blades, wooden katanas, Kendo sticks, etc. and you intend to carry it around the convention as a prop you need to take it to peace bonding to have it approved.
4) If you do not intend to use it as a prop we would appreciate it if you kept it in the packaging and placed it in your vehicle.
5) The following items are banned from Sac-Con:
a. Firearms ~ with the exception of (see below i.) Air Soft and Pellet guns, all other types and sizes of guns are not allowed. We are not a gun show and do not wish to have them at our con.
i. Air Soft and pellet guns must be disabled and are only allowed if secured in a holster. These types of guns ARE NOT to be held in your hand while at the convention.
b. Swords that can NOT be zip tied shut in the sheath. No taping the sheath closed.
c. Real knives ~ any that could be concealed or otherwise unsafe or illegal. We are not a gun show and do not wish to have them at our con.
d. Any prop or weapon that is determined to be unsafe for the general public.
ALL Rules and Policies for Sac-Con Apply to the Costume Contest.
Exceptions for the Costume Contest participation ONLY:
All individuals whose actions violate these rules will be asked to stop such actions. Sac-Con reserves the right to require anyone violating these rules of conduct to leave the event. Sac-Con may withdraw permission for a person or persons to re-enter the event if that person continues to violate these rules. Any violation of the rules of conduct which involve activities prohibited by law will result in notification of the proper authorities